SpiritualChristianUnity.org Homepage    |   SCUW Prayer Group    |   About Us   |   Christian Art    |   Links

SCUWPG

www.

SpiritualChristianUnity

.org

Spiritual Christian Unity

Worldwide Prayer Group

"Praying for Christian unity 

in love and holiness together in Jesus"

SpiritualChristianUnity.org Community    SCUW Prayer Group  Hop To Forum Categories  Prayers for Christian Unity, Posted by SCUWPG Members Who Are Believers Already  Hop To Forums  All Kinds of Prayers for Christian Unity    Prayer for Christian unity at Together 2016 gathering at the Washington, DC Mall

Moderators: Pastor Iverson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer for Christian unity at Together 2016 gathering at the Washington, DC Mall
 Login/Join 
"Site Administrator"
posted
Our Father in heaven,

We praise you, thank you, and give you all glory for giving us all eternal life in your Spirit you give to live in us in the name of Jesus of Nazareth , our only Christ and Savior, whom we can never earn or deserve, but whose Spirit living in us is God's own holiness and God's own love for all repentant believers.

We pray, Lord, for you to bless with success in every way the godly efforts to seek Christian unity in your name, at tomorrow's event called "Together 2016",
@JesusIsTheReset, July 16, 2016 // National Mall // Where all repentant believers are invited to gather as one in the name of Jesus, asking Jesus to reset our generation. The world sees division; we can change that. #JesusChangesEverything

Together 2016 is the day a generation will meet on the National Mall to come together around Jesus in prayer, worship, and a call for catalytic change to reset our lives, our nation, and our generation.

We pray, Lord, you give all participants at 2016 to know that Christian unity is unity in God's one, eternal self-sacrificial Spirit of love for all repentant believers, Whom we only know because we see that same Spirit of self-sacrificial love in Jesus, in his death and resurrection forever in all power in heaven and earth.

Give them all to know, Lord, for a fact that God's one, eternal Spirit of self-sacrificial love for whomever in the world will believe in Jesus, is in the Father, because Jesus says so. That's God's love for believers that existed before the world began, and remains into eternity.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (Joh 3:16 NIV)

Give them all to know, Lord, that same one, eternal Spirit of self-sacrificial love for all believers is in Jesus, Himself, because the Father commanded it so.
"No-one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." (Joh 10:18 NIV)

And most importantly for Christian unity in Jesus at the Together 2016 event, give them all to know that same one, eternal Spirit of self-sacrificial love for all believers in Jesus, is in all of us believers who love all other believers, because Jesus commanded it so.
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no-one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." (Joh 15:12-14 NIV)
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'" (Mr 12:29-30 NIV)
"And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother." (1Jo 4:21 NIV)
"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." (1Jo 3:16 NIV)

We pray, Lord, you give all participants at Together 2016 to know that in the Bible, the apostle John writes, that's how we know what love is, because we see God's self-sacrifice of His Son for us, so we know that's what kind of love His one, eternal Spirit of self-sacrificial love for all believers is. So loving all believers the same way He did, we know God lives in us and we live in Him, because He has given us His one Spirit of self-sacrificial love for all believers, making His love complete in us.
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No-one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit." (1Jo 4:10-13 NIV)

Give them all to know, Lord, that we can set our hearts at rest in God's presence as we pray before God having the sure and certain confidence we will receive what we ask because we believe on the name of God's Son, Jesus Christ, for the forgiveness of our sins in repentance, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
“18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 19 This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence 20 ¶ whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23 ¶ And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.” (1Jo 3:18-23 NIV)

Give them all to see your glory, Lord, because the prayer of Jesus for Christian unity says we have been given the glory of God to work miracles to make us one in God allowing the world to know that God sent Jesus: because we are one in God's one Spirit of holiness and love for all believers, just as Jesus and the Father are one in that one Spirit of holiness and love for all believers.
“that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” (Joh 17:21 NIV)
“I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” (Joh 17:23 NIV)
“I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:” (Joh 17:22 NIV)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Warlick,

Posts: 47 | Location / Country / Region: Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 21 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Site Moderator"
posted Hide Post
Father we pray for the heart of worship to raise in many cities among many believers, we speak grace, grace to all in Christ.

Father we pray for waves of grace and pour out the love of God in the hearts of many believers.

Father we pray for unity for we are already one in you.

In the name of Jesus our Lord Amen.

Elvis Iverson

Pastor Elvis Iverson lives in Omaha, NE USA. He ministers internationally and has a heart for the nations.
www.elvisiverson.com

Posts: 368 | Location / Country / Region: Omaha, NE USA | Registered: 05 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post