SpiritualChristianUnity.org Homepage    |   SCUW Prayer Group    |   About Us   |   Christian Art    |   Links

SCUWPG

www.

SpiritualChristianUnity

.org

Spiritual Christian Unity

Worldwide Prayer Group

"Praying for Christian unity 

in love and holiness together in Jesus"

Moderators: Pastor Iverson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer in the name, gospel, and Spirit of Jesus (Part 1 of 4)
 Login/Join 
"Site Administrator"
Picture of Tim Warlick
posted
Prayer in the name, gospel, and Spirit of Jesus to see God’s glory in your miracle healing in Christian unity

Dear heavenly Father,

We all pray together here looking to Jesus, including some of us unbelievers here asking God for a miracle healing to help us overcome our unbelief. Also some of us here are regenerated believers praying for a miracle healing, which believers are also variously called repentant, regenerated, renewed, and born again, with the same intended meaning here that all such are our believing sisters and brothers in Christ.

Whether unbeliever, or repentant believer, either way, all of us are looking to Jesus to help us believe together for God’s blessing in a miracle of healing by you, Father, in the glory you gave Jesus, which Jesus gave us for Christian unity of all repentant believers, in a miracle you work in answer to our prayers in the name of Jesus, Father, with and through the effective work and treatments of all the doctors and care givers that may be involved.
“For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."” (Joh 6:40 NIV)
“22 "… if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." 23 "‘If you can’?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." 24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"” (Mr 9:22b-24 NIV)

We unbelievers ask, Father, that your Holy Spirit mercifully speak into our hearts to teach us the meaning of these scriptures quoted here in order to help us pray while believing that you will help our unbelief so we can get the miracle healing we pray for in Jesus’ name and come to know you are real.
“And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.” (Joh 14:13 NIV)

When you grant our prayer in Jesus’ name, Father, we unbelievers will know that you are the only true God, and we promise to start believing in Jesus by turning away from our past sins, to repent and believe the gospel, meaning good news, that you loved us enough to send your Son, Jesus, to earth to die for our sins in order to give us eternal life with you, starting now, in this life, in your Spirit that you will send to live in our hearts because we believe in the name of Jesus for giving us the opportunity for repentance and forgiveness of all our sins, and we will then expect your Holy Spirit, Father, to lead us in our pledge here to seek out a Bible-believing, local Christian church that believes in the unity of all repentant believers, in order to learn more about your word at a church, and learn to obey all your commands in the Bible, including such as baptism, Father, and to worship you with other believers, and to help each of us to learn to live our life every day in faith of Jesus.
“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (Joh 17:3 NIV)
“"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (Joh 3:16 NIV)
“46 He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.” (Lu 24:46-47 NIV)
“But the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” (Joh 14:26 NIV)
“16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2Ti 3:16-17 NIV)

For us repentant believers, Father, since we already believe in Jesus, we ask that as we read and consider the scriptures quoted in this prayer in order to help us pray to you in Jesus’ name with faith in our hearts that you will grant our prayer, your Holy Spirit will remind us of everything you have said about how to pray in your name to see the glory that you gave Jesus, which Jesus gave to us repentant believers, to receive whatever we pray for in His name in order to honor you, Father, in the name of the Son. And if we don’t know these scriptures already, we ask that your Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth in our hearts, will lead us to know all that is true in Jesus about the meaning of these scriptures quoted and interpreted here.
“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.” (Joh 16:13 NIV)

Father, give the Holy Spirit in the heart of each of us repentant believers, to teach us the meaning and remind us of where Scripture shows that God’s greatest will for us believers as shown in the Bible, for which purpose Jesus said He gave us His own glory, such as in miracles for healing like we believe and pray God is giving to all those who seek a miracle healing here, is for us to fulfill the prayer of Jesus that all regenerated believers may be one if we each make some form of personal, spiritual self-sacrifice, however small, as the Spirit leads, to help make us one with all regenerated believers, in all Christian denominations and Christian faith groups.

Give the Holy Spirit to lead us repentant believers here together in our hearts, Father, in the shared understanding of your word for us in scriptures about our part in letting God work in our hearts to make the Church one, in order to be blessed with this miracle healing by the glory Jesus gave us to make us one in the unity of all repentant (regenerated) believers, that the world may believe God sent Jesus.

We pray together here Father with both unbelievers of the world, and regenerated believers in your Spirit, who seek here a miracle of healing in your name, and we want us all to know as we pray that because we dedicate this prayer for healing to the glory of God the Father in the Son, towards God’s holy purpose of uniting the Church composed of all regenerated believers, the healing we pray for will be a great and glorious blessing to the whole body of Christ by showing all believers, as well as showing to the unbelieving world, the glory of God that Jesus said He already gave us that we may be one as He and the Father are one.
“22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24 ¶ "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.” (Joh 17:22-24 NIV)

WE NEED REGENERATED BELIEVERS WHO ARE ONE, TO KNOW JESUS GIVES US TO SEE HIS GLORY TO MAKE US ALL ONE NOW, TO SHOW THE REST WHO DON’T YET KNOW IT’S GIVEN

Helps us Lord to look all around us in this life in the light of the words of Jesus, and realize that if we don’t see God’s miracle-working glory in the world soon, the world will continue to spiral downward, without hearing the call of the gospel, into the worship of worldly idols, the lusts and desires for money and power among men, and sexual immorality of every kind, carried down the drain with the torrent of ungodly words and thoughts that constantly flow out from the hearts of worldly people into public perception, through the great majority of communications taking place in today’s most culturally influential media, seeking popularity by always appealing to, and ever more normalizing and worsening, the basest aspects of our selfish nature; in movies, TV, the internet, and especially social media, by all of which Satan intends to keep all of society inundated with sin in our hearts in lusts for things which Jesus specifically said make us all “unclean”.
“20 He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him ‘unclean’. 21 For from within, out of men’s hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and make a man ‘unclean’."” (Mr 7:20-23 NIV)

Give us Father, to know that without seeing your glory in miracles soon, far too much of the Church, too, will continue to follow the words and thoughts of the world instead of uniting to follow the words and thoughts of God about how He loved the world in Jesus, but choosing rather to fall away into greater love of worldly things, into more and more official church approval of sexual immorality and false marriage of same-sex couples, as we know well over a dozen formerly-Christian groups within different major denominations have done in recent years, which was virtually unheard of 50 years ago anywhere in the Church.

We know, Father, you want those stray sheep back in the flock, and if we truly love all repentant believers, we will want them to repent again and come back, too, regardless which denomination it is, not because it is our denomination but because the whole Church is Jesus’ and we love all the members as He does.

Of course, 50 years ago, we confess to you, Father, we realize that a much higher percentage of us believers than now, wrongly believed then that those denominations outside of our own had doctrine so far from our own ideas of salvation that in many cases we taught they were not Christians we should associate with, and in some cases, not Christians at all, even though many of their members were certainly regenerated believers in Jesus Christ even back then, and still are.

For this scandal of our past sins against our repentant sisters and brothers in Christ outside our own Christian denomination or faith group, Father we repent and ask your forgiveness.

It appears to our eyes, Father, that around the time we believers started to, more and more, accept as Christian, one another repentant believers in denominations outside our own, as we have correctly begun to do in recent decades, then Satan immediately started to push hard for approval of sexual immorality in the Church in order to remove the protection we have in Jesus’ name, so evil could then destroy us before we managed to find reasons to unite in one Spirit with all regenerated believers in Jesus who have faith in His name for repentance and forgiveness of sins, which Jesus said would enable us to see His glory to make us one, and let the world see it, too, to know God is real and sent Him here, as will be shown in more scriptures throughout this prayer.
“11 ¶ I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.” (Joh 17:11-12 NIV)
“My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.” (Joh 17:15 NIV)
“"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.” (Joh 17:24 NIV)

We believers ask you here, Father, to help all us Christians all over the world to know we need to unite in understanding Scripture where the Bible says all believers should seek to emphasize our oneness in His name, gospel, and Spirit, so the world will know God sent Jesus to show the world that all repentant believers, who love both God and one another in the name of Jesus, in every Christian denomination and faith group, including Orthodox, Catholics, and Protestants, are understood by us to be our repentant sisters and brothers in Christ, dearly beloved by our heavenly Father every bit as much as we are ourselves; all given the same credit for the perfect holiness of Jesus, which none will ever earn by our own believing and doing of any doctrine greater than believing and living in faith of the undeserved grace gift of the blood of the only Holy One, holy Jesus, which washes us all in repentance when we obediently turn from sin to live in faith of His name for forgiveness of our sins, guaranteed to receive as much forgiveness from you, Father, as much as we forgive all who sin against us.

As for us worldly unbelievers, we all need to see God’s miracle-working glory now so the world may believe there actually is a God in heaven who sent Jesus to save all who will repent and believe the gospel.

As for the Church, Father, help us regenerated believers to know how much we all need to see God’s miracle-working glory now so we will all believe you are actually still willing to work miracles to glorify yourself, Father, in the name of Jesus, because we believers can and will finally start to agree to a Biblical basis for Christian unity in holiness and love of all repentant believers when we let the Holy Spirit in our hearts lead us into the truth in the scriptures that show us how.

For all the reasons mentioned above, Father, we pray that as any and all regenerated believers read what follows here, the Holy Spirit sees fit to call to their memory some of the same meanings in the scriptures as offered in the discussion below. We pray He confirms to them what we believe we may already share in common in our intent to serve the unity of the Church, the body of Christ on earth, in hopes for us all to be united in His name, in the gospel, and most especially, in His one Spirit, as Jesus and the Father are one, as Jesus prayed in John 17.

Heavenly Father, for all regenerated believers who pray here for healing, let your Holy Spirit lead them to help us pray with even more faith for them if they can agree with us in the kind of Christian unity of all repentant believers which we believe in and proclaim to seek here on our prayer group website, in the same, one Spirit Jesus gives to all repentant believers to live in our hearts: the Spirit of God's holiness and God's self-sacrificial love for all repentant believers in Jesus, including those in all Christian denominations and Christian faith groups.

UNITY OF THE CHURCH IN JESUS’ NAME, GOSPEL, AND SPIRIT DEPENDS ON OUR INDIVIDUAL REGENERATION IN OUR HEARTS, IN THE GIFT OF GOD’S ETERNAL SPIRIT, OF HOLINESS AND OF LOVE FOR ALL REPENTANT (REGENERATED) BELIEVERS

Father, we dedicate, in the name of Jesus, this online Prayer Group for all who are willing to pray for God’s love and forgiveness available in Jesus, uniting spiritually, as God’s children, in our own love and forgiveness for all who are willing to repent and claim the blood of Jesus of the Bible for the remission of all forms of sin. Bless us in our hope here to help the world to know the gospel, good news of His forgiveness that is freely available to anyone who will begin by believing the sacrifice of God’s Son, Jesus, which paid for the sins of us all. We hope and pray that all people will see in us believers, who are members of this Prayer Group, that same, loving forgiveness by us to the world, and also to one another in Christ.

We pray, Father, as we regenerated believers pray for healings, let the Holy Spirit in our hearts constantly remind us of scriptures that some of us regenerated believers may already know: that your complete healing miracle for us is promised when we confidently pray in Jesus' name, but only if all repentant, mutually loving believers are accepted by us in our hearts, as we pray, to be our fellow children of God, as already spiritually being together with us, as one in holiness and in love for all repentant, regenerated believers in His name.
“This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.” (1Jo 3:10 NIV)
“21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23 ¶ And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.” (1Jo 3:21-23 NIV)

Give your Spirit to help us clearly see both the holiness and the love of all repentant believers in both of those scriptures immediately above. In that last one, show us the love of all believers is obvious, “as he commanded us.”.

And when John says “to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ”, remind us that John certainly means to believe in the gospel, good news, that God sent His Son to earth in the man by the name of Jesus Christ, sent to willingly lay down His life in suffering for our sins, and be resurrected, in order to give us the unearned gift of His own, perfect holiness which God credits to all who will simply have faith in the name of Jesus for our repentance and forgiveness of sins, as many regenerated believers are well aware, is summarized in one of the scriptures of what many regard as the Great Commission from Jesus for us to preach the gospel, shown in Luke 24:44-49 NIV below.

Father, help us repentant believers remember how much the world needs to see His name hallowed and regarded as holy among us all, and holy in each one of us, in our unifying agreement that all repentant believers are spiritually together hallowed and set apart from the world for God's purposes in the name of Jesus, simply because we all have the same faith in that name; in the faith as Jesus said would always be preached in His name, to those who receive and believe the gospel, good news of how He would suffer and rise from the dead to give the eternal life He freely gives in His Spirit that the Father sends to live in us in that name, by the same, one, simple faith in His name we all have in common, for repentance and forgiveness of our sins.
“44 He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms." 45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."” (Lu 24:44-49 NIV)
“26 But the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (Joh 14:26-27 NIV)

Call to our memory again, Lord, the scriptures that many repentant believers also well know, which is that that brief reference here by Jesus to the fact that “The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day”, is clearly the gospel message that Paul defined would always be taught and faithfully believed, for both the initial and continued salvation of all repentant believers in the name of Jesus.
“1 ¶ Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,” (1Co 15:1-4 NIV)

Give the Holy Spirit to teach us the everlasting truth in that scripture that we repentant believers all share together in our responsibility to also share with the world, because Jesus said that gospel, good news, of His death and resurrection to give us the gift of repentance and forgiveness of sins would always be preached in His name, everywhere, so then that means it must be believed everywhere to be in His name, and we can all unite with Jesus in telling His message to the world in our belief in that name and in that gospel together with all repentant believers in the name of Jesus.
“14 ¶ After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. 15 "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"” (Mr 1:14-15 NIV)

(END OF PART 1 of 4)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Warlick,

Posts: 47 | Location / Country / Region: Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 21 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post