SpiritualChristianUnity.org Community
“Jesus’ Prayer from A to Z”- H - Home... On the Way Home

This topic can be found at:
https://scuwpg.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1486040813/m/907106537

17 July 2010, 03:56 PM
Tom (Jn.17:21) M.
“Jesus’ Prayer from A to Z”- H - Home... On the Way Home
Please note the following is an excerpt from “Jesus’ Prayer from A to Z”, of which I’m Editor.

- H - Home... On the Way Home, by Hayden, Marshall

A few years ago our congregation embraced a new motto - something that we want very much for all of our members to believe in their hearts and make happen for a lot of people - "You're at home now" - the banner says. This home needs to be a place of harmony in the household of God. It may never be 100% true while we live here, but we believe that it is tremendously important for the church to be a "home while we are on our way home".

Especially in a day when many businesses, financial institutions, neighborhoods, even schools and colleges have become increasingly impersonal, lacking the human touch, the hunger for significant relationships becomes increasingly acute.

What an opportunity for those who have invested themselves in the gospel of Jesus Christ! The church - a reconciling community, a healing community, a community that understands agape love - can be a home, a family for those who don't have one (and often don't even understand what a real one is like)!

Jesus petitioned the Father, "My prayer is... that all of them may be one... just as you are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us..." That future day is coming for all of us who are in Christ, when there will be no more death, or mourning, or crying, or pain. (Revelation 21:4)

In the meantime, the followers of Jesus are called to rejoice together and cry together, face death in hope together, sometimes even endure pain together, and mourn together for those who have not yet responded to the Good News of Jesus Christ, who have not yet found their place in His Body on earth where they can be at "home... on their way home".

Dear Father of Love, we hear a song-line ringing in our ears, "Come home! Come home! You who are weary, come home!" That invitation sounds so good. We long for the time when all of your children will be gathered at your feet. In the meantime, please guide this "home until we go home" - your church - and the fellowship of your Body on earth, to be a family where hurting people as well as happy people may experience the warmth of your love reflected among us. In the name of Jesus we pray!

Hayden, Dr. Marshall W. - Worthington, OH - Senior Minister, Worthington Christian Church since 1981. Earned degrees from Milligan College (A.B.; B.D.), Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (D.Min). Author of numerous books, articles and lessons published by Standard. 1995 NACC President. He and wife Judy have 2 sons and 5 grandsons.

Happy The Home When God Is There
And love fills every breast;
When one their wish, and one their prayer,
And one their heav’nly rest.

Lord, let us in our homes agree
This blessed peace to gain:
Unite our hearts in love to Thee
And love to all will reign.
-Henry Ware, Jr. (1794-1843)

Father, I pray, not only for myself,
but also for all the household to which I belong,
both of family and of faith,
here, and in distant places,
earnestly desiring You to make us
one in our awareness
of your fatherly care and expectations.
- Adapted by TEM

In what ways can I best apply the principles of Christian unity in my home, as well as the larger household of faith?

Pray Jesus’ prayer for:
Healthcare workers (Doctors, nurses, aides, technicians)/ Hospitals & medical, the sick (physical & mental)

Pray Jesus’ prayer for:
Believers in Haiti, Holland, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom (Jn.17:21) M.,

Fellowship of John 17:21
www.john17-21.org