SpiritualChristianUnity.org Homepage    |   SCUW Prayer Group    |   About Us   |   Christian Art    |   Links

SCUWPG

www.

SpiritualChristianUnity

.org

Spiritual Christian Unity

Worldwide Prayer Group

"Praying for Christian unity 

in love and holiness together in Jesus"

Moderators: Pastor Iverson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First and Foremost Unity with God
 Login/Join 
"Site Moderator"
posted
First and Foremost Unity with God

"And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son
Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that
keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know
that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." (1Jo 3:23-24
AV)

"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in
us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him,
and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." (1Jo 4:12-13 AV)

Father we come to the Throne Room by the Blood of Christ. We pray anoint
us to pray for unity, lead us to pray for unity, and give us revival.
Minister to us with revival and through the manifestation of the Holy
Spirit.

First and foremost is unity with God through the Blood of Christ,
second most for us is unity with one another through the Holy Spirit in
each one of us.

Father we have unity with you through Jesus Christ our Lord, when we
believe in Christ, and give our lives to Him, and ask Him to be Lord and
Savior over our life. This was beginning of our unity with God.

We have unity with God through the blood of Christ, it is not how
good we have been, it is in His grace and His mercy that we have unity
with God.

Unity with God is through forgiveness of sins. God you made us to
live for you and to love you, and this is your gift of holiness in Christ.
We are not to live a life of sin, we are not to be a witness for sin, and we
are not to love sin. This is all the work of the Blood of Christ, faith and
the Holy Spirit.

Through the Blood of Christ and the Holy Spirit we have power over
sin, and over sinfulness in life. Yes we have unity with God through the
Blood of Christ not by good works, however we have unity with God in loving
God by loving and knowing Him as the One True Holy God, and that through the
Holy Spirit we can live holy.

Apart from that, we pray forgive us of our sins against the church,
against our brothers and sisters in Christ; forgive us of the sin of
unforgiveness. Heal and clean our hearts. Give us unity with God first and
from unity with God comes unity with one another; as we love God, *so we
love one another; this is your gift to us, Lord, of true holiness and true
unity.

Father we pray for revival, repentance, restoration, renewal, to come
to every believer. Fill us with more love for you Lord, fill us with
passionate love for you, and fill us with passion for you. Give us unity in
the church; give us unity with one another.

We pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elvis Iverson

Pastor Elvis Iverson lives in Omaha, NE USA. He ministers internationally and has a heart for the nations.
www.elvisiverson.com

Posts: 368 | Location / Country / Region: Omaha, NE USA | Registered: 05 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Site Administrator"
posted Hide Post
Amen to your prayer, Pastor Iverson, may God give us first and foremost unity with Himself through the Holy Spirit in every one of us, thereby leading us to be as one with each other in God, as Jesus and the Father are one, in the glory the Father gave Jesus to show the world who sent Him.

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (Joh 17:22-23 AV)

Heavenly Father, lead us into your perfect, all-righteous Spirit, whom we know only because He was sent to all of us believers here on earth in the person named Jesus of Nazareth.

"All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and [he] to whomsoever the Son will reveal [him]." (Mt 11:27 AV)

We humans are otherwise dust, and our frame is fragile, housing only our sinful, human spirit, unless you intervene to enter the life and heart of each of us through faith in the name of Jesus.

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not." (Ro 7:18 AV)

Only the power of your Spirit can lead us into your perfection in righteousness.

"If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." (Eph 4:21-24 AV)

Only the power of your Spirit can lead us into your perfection of eternal love for all who find the righteousness of God through faith together in Christ.

"And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him." (1Jo 4:21-5:1 AV)

"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." (1Jo 4:12-13 AV)

Lead us now into repentance, Father, into the gift of your holiness in Jesus, into complete obedience to your word in righteousness and true holiness, including the new commandment of Jesus to be perfected in mutual love and forgiveness for one another, together in your Holy Spirit of eternal love for every repentant believer, Lord, in every Christian denomination and group.

This we pray together as one with every single repentant, mutually loving believer, believing together as one in your gift of eternal love and holiness given the same to us all in Jesus' name, amen.

"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him." (1Jo 2:5 AV)

"And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." (1Jo 3:23-24 AV)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Warlick,

Posts: 47 | Location / Country / Region: Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 21 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post