SpiritualChristianUnity.org Homepage    |   SCUW Prayer Group    |   About Us   |   Christian Art    |   Links

SCUWPG

www.

SpiritualChristianUnity

.org

Spiritual Christian Unity

Worldwide Prayer Group

"Praying for Christian unity 

in love and holiness together in Jesus"

Moderators: Pastor Iverson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Introduction for the Coming Unity Series of Prayers
 Login/Join 
"Site Moderator"
posted
Introduction for the Coming Unity Series of Prayers

Preparation:
Since the time I was a young believer in Christ, I have always desired to see and enjoy believers fellowshipping and loving one another in unity from many groups in Christ.

Beginning with this prayer, and for the next 12 prayers in this series, we will be praying for regions and nations around the world. However, we will not be able to cover every nation, so we ask you during this time to post a prayer for unity among the believers in your nation, and city, etc.

During this time of prayer, I believe there is a call going out around the world for unity in the Body of Christ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12:2 AV)

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. (Joh 17:22-23 AV)

Father we come boldly by the Blood of Christ asking you to lead and guide us in praying for unity in the Church around the world in every nation and in every city. We pray let unity arise in our hearts more, and more love, we pray.

Father we thank you for the desire that you have planted in the hearts of believers around the world, a desire to love one another, a desire to fellowship with one another, a desire to pray for one anther, and a desire for unity among the many members, among the many groups in Christ.

Father we humble ourselves before you. Only you, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, can bring true unity in the Body of Christ. Let the love of God be poured in our hearts through the Holy Spirit. Give us love for one another, give us caring hearts for one another, and give us a heart of unity for one another.

Father we believe and you believe that unity will come; your faith is greater than our faith. You author our faith. Unity is the will of God, unity is a part of the future of the church, and our Lord Jesus Christ will not return without, first, unity coming in the church. This unity will come in waves and movements of the Holy Spirit, and this unity will grow and mature until we have the unity in John 17.

Father we pray let unity come today among Christians in cities and nations. Let there be unity among all believers in Christ within every city, let there be unity among all believers in Christ within every nation, and let there be unity among all believers in Christ globally. We have the faith and you have given us the faith; now we pray for power and your timely touch. Let us be touched by a might wave of unity in our time, let us see a stronger sense of unity among all believers in Christ.

Father we pray for a mighty revival of unity to come today, tomorrow, in the future, in every generation, and in every season, and let the fullness of unity come in the destiny of the church. The Destiny of the Church is one of unity, glory, holiness, maturity, restoration, fullness, and the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit.

Father we pray for a revival of unity to come to every believer's heart in the church around the world, we pray for a revival of unity to come to the believers in every nation around the world, we pray for a revival of unity to come to the believers in every city around the world, and we pray for a revival of unity to come to believers in all places, for the glory of Christ, and for purpose of the witness of Christ to all peoples, through the church in unity and love.

Father we have prayed for years for unity, laying a memorial and golden bowls full of prayers for unity before you, to stand before you day and night until these prayers come to pass, and I believe that these will come to pass many times for the glory of Christ.

We pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elvis Iverson

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCUW Prayer Group,

Pastor Elvis Iverson lives in Omaha, NE USA. He ministers internationally and has a heart for the nations.
www.elvisiverson.com

Posts: 368 | Location / Country / Region: Omaha, NE USA | Registered: 05 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post