SpiritualChristianUnity.org Homepage    |   SCUW Prayer Group    |   About Us   |   Christian Art    |   Links

SCUWPG

www.

SpiritualChristianUnity

.org

Spiritual Christian Unity

Worldwide Prayer Group

"Praying for Christian unity 

in love and holiness together in Jesus"

Moderators: Pastor Iverson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Prayer for Unity
 Login/Join 
posted
Our Heavenly Father, we pray for unity just as your Son prayed. We pray that all followers of Jesus the Christ would be one, in the same way that you Father and Jesus are one. We pray this because we want the world to see your love in us, and your love for them, and respond in love to you. (see John 17:20-23)

We also pray for the fruits of the spirit to be evident in your children when they relate to each other and to the world. May their relations be filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control. May we recognize that anything less than this is not from you, and we pray for your help in this.

We pray that we would not complicate your message of love, forgiveness, and reconciliation. Your message is simple enough for little children to receive, and we need to receive your message in the same way they do (see Luke 18:16-17, and Matt 11:25). We pray that in our search for knowledge and wisdom we do not discard the simple truths that you want us to cherish.

We pray that we will not make judgments of our brothers and sisters. We know that if we judge others we will also be judged. (see Matt 7:1-5) It is not our right to judge other servants of our Master (see Rom 14:1-8). You are our Judge, and we trust you.

We pray for a deepening love for you and your Son. May we love you with all of our heart, and with all of our soul, and with all of our minds. When your children see others who truly love you, they will see that they are brothers and sisters.

We pray these things in Jesus name,
Amen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jonathan Hutton,

" that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me." (John 17:21 NIV)
www.churchunity.ca

Posts: 1 | Location / Country / Region: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 22 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post